Ms X. (Xia) Fang MSc
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Programme group Social Psychology
Nieuwe Achtergracht 129 Amsterdam
Room number: 2.34
1001 NK Amsterdam
Hi, I am Xia Fang from China and I am currently working with Gerben van Kleef and Disa Sauter on emotional research.
At present, I am involved in a research to investigate how we make sense of others' emotional change. The interpersonal effects of emotional change will be explored in terms of basic cognitive processes (e.g., perception, attention and memory) and social cognitive processes (e.g., attribution, impression and stereotype). I am also interested in the cultural difference (e.g., China and the Netherlands) of the interpersonal effects of emotional change on affection, cognition and behavior.
- Fang, X., van Kleef, G. A., & Sauter, D. A. (2015). Unmasking smile. Amusement, contentment or relief? In ASPO 2015. [details]
- Fang, X., van Kleef, G. A., & Sauter, D. A. (2016). Unmasking smiles across cultures: 2016 April 15-16, EASP Medium Size Meeting “Promoting a Social Approach to Emotions”. [details]
- Fang, X., van Kleef, G. A., & Sauter, D. A. Mixed Emotions: The Specificity of Emotion Perception from Static and Dynamic Facial Expressions across Cultures: 2016 July 6-7, CERE Emotion conference symposium organizer [details]
- Fang, X., van Kleef, G. A., & Sauter, D. A. (2015). A Dynamic Approach to the Perception of Emotional Expressions: Contrast of Assimilation. Poster session presented at ICPS 2015, . [details]
- Fang, X. (participant) (6-7-2016 - 7-7-2016): CERE (organising a conference, workshop, ...).
Keynote / Invited lecture
- Fang, X. (speaker), van Kleef, G.A. (speaker) & Sauter, D.A. (speaker) (15-4-2016): Unmasking smiles across cultures, EASP Medium Size Meeting "Promoting a Social Approach to Emotions".
- Fang, X. (speaker), van Kleef, G.A. (speaker) & Sauter, D.A. (speaker) (8-11-2015): When Emotion Changes: A Dynamic Approach to the Cultural Differences in the Perception of Facial Expressions., ISRE 2015, Genève.